2021- 2022 Winter Sweeps
The winter sweeps will be starting next Wednesday, 6th October, with the first round of the Tam Young Tankard. The format will be much as before but there are changes to the handicapping system.
All players will start off with their official Scottish Golf (WHS) playing handicap so please make sure you know what it is from the yellow or red tees.
The first round in which a player participates will be the only round in which the Scottish Golf handicap will be required. Thereafter all handicaps, which are for the winter only and are completely unofficial, will be adjusted only in accordance with the winter sweep rules. These are detailed on the winter sweep poster but are summarised as follows.
- Winners Handicaps are reduced by 2 if the score is more than 36 points.
- Non winning players who score more than 36 points will receive a 1 shot handicap reduction.
- A winning score of 30 to 36 points will attract a 1 shot handicap reduction.
- A winning score of less than 30 points will have no effect on handicap.
- Non winning scores of less than 30 points will attract a 1 shot handicap increase.
There is no longer any ‘3 consecutive rounds’ rule before a handicap can rise – one sub 30 non-winning points round will trigger an increase – and there is no ceiling on the handicaps.
Here is the fixture list for the coming month. Please note the reintroduction of a draw for partners at 10am. This is optional of course and members who wish to arrange their own pairings are welcome to do so.
Sunday 12th September – Aitken Rosebowl